NDA is working closely with NOLA Motorsports, Hilton New Orleans Riverside, the state of Louisiana, and other partners on multiple health and safety measures. We will be instilling the following safety protocols in light of COVID-19:
- Mask or facial covering will be required for entry to Demolition New Orleans and must be worn at all times, except when actively eating or drinking. Masks will be provided if needed.
- All attendees must adhere to social distance protocols put in place by NDA and respect other’s personal space.
- Reduced capacities on buses.
- Routine and frequent cleaning of surfaces attendees come in contact with.
- Hand sanitizer readily available.
- Temperature checks of attendees.
Staying at the Hilton
The Hilton has adopted new safety protocols in light of COVID-19. You will receive detailed information, as listed in the image on the right, with your confirmation email. When you arrive at the Hilton you can expect new protocols including but not limited to:
- Contactless arrival using the Hilton Honors app (check in, choosing your room, and skipping the front desk with a Digital Key to your room)
- Face coverings are now required in accordance with CDC and WHO guidelines
- Contactless food delivery
- Housekeeping inspections verifying CleanStay standards
Hilton information on their COVID plans in full can be found here. As well as a video highlighting these initiatives here.
Flying Through Louis Armstrong New Orleans International Airport (MSY)
MSY has adapted their airport facilities and operations based on CDC and other health expert recommendations to protect passengers and employees against spread of COVID-19. Airport updates include but are not limited to:
- The use of physical distancing markers at ticket counters, queuing lanes, TSA checkpoints, concessions, and baggage claim.
- Additional hand sanitizing stations.
- Airport janitorial staff are using EPA-approved chemicals to conduct additional cleanings and sanitization, especially in high touch areas such as hand rails, door handles, TSA bins, seating areas and other hard surfaces.
- Passengers and all employees are required to wear face coverings or masks throughout the terminal.
To learn more about flying through MSY Airport, click here.
Visitng NOLA Motorsports
NOLA Motorsports safety procedures are a top priority. They strongly follow all recommendations by the CDC and Louisiana Department of Health for COVID-19 safety. During your visit, you can expect all necessary precautions have been considered when preparing and serving food. Procedures implemented include:
- Every 30 minutes there is an “on the hour sanitize scramble” which includes hand washing and surface sanitization
- Masks, gloves, and head covers are mandatory for staff during cooking, preparation, and service of food
- Staff is temperature checked at the start of each shift
New Orleans Reopening
Learn what New Orleans requires for a safe visit by visiting their website.
How is the NDA staff prepared to keep guests safe?
NDA is uniquely equipped to offer demolition professionals an in-person event due to the nature of our annual outdoor Live DEMOlition Event and meeting planning expertise of the NDA Events Team, who are GBAC-Trained Technician certified in infection and contamination control measures. NDA staff have the planning, knowledge and expertise to successfully implement an in-person event during an ongoing pandemic. They will ensure proper measures are in place and the highest level of disinfectants as indicated on List N: Disinfectants for Coronavirus are being used throughout the event to kill the Coronavirus (COVID-19).
NDA has put together the Attendee COVID-19 Health & Safety Policy and will be creating additional safety materials for all attendees, which must be read and acknowledged before entering the event.
We will be following state and government issued guidelines for events and enforce these guidelines during the event..
Watch This Page for Additional Updates
As we have more details, we will continue to update this page with all that NDA, NOLA Motorsports, Hilton New Orleans Riverside, and the state of Louisiana are doing to keep you safe during your stay.