The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
EPA's National Asbestos Home Page
- What is asbestos?
- Asbestos health effects
- Where can asbestos be found?
- What if I have asbestos in my home?
- Where can I find an accredited laboratory to test for asbestos?
- EPA's role in asbestos - Other federal asbestos efforts
EPA Demolition Practices Under The National Emission Standards for Hazardous Air Pollutants for Asbestos (NESHAP)
- Pre-Demolition Building Status
- Abatement Prior to Demolition
- Intentional Burning
- Resilient Floor Covering (Tiles)
- Asphalt Roofing Products
- Asbestos-Cement Products
- Onsite Waste Handling Procedures
Guidance for Catastrophic Emergency Situations Involving Asbestos
- Acronyms and Abbreviations
- The Regulation of Asbestos
- Catastrophic Events and the Applicability of the Asbestos NESHAP
- Asbestos Test Methods
- Catastrophic Events and Case Studies Involving Asbestos
- Preparing in Advance for Emergencies
List of Commonly Requested Asbestos Documents
- Asbestos in the Home: A Homeowner's Guide
- Managing Asbestos in Place: A Building Owner's Guide to Operations and Maintenance Programs
- Asbestos in Buildings: Guidance for Service and Maintenance Personnel
- 100 Commonly Asked Questions About the New AHERA Asbestos-in-Schools Rule
- Asbestos and Your Health
Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)
The Asbestos Advisor 2.0 Compliance Software
- General guidance
- Individual project guidance
- Answers to frequently asked questions about asbestos
- Detailed text of regulations
Asbestos And Construction
- Assigned Protection Factors; Final Rule
- Clarification of decontamination procedures for employees involved in Class I asbestos work. (2007, March 1)
- Application of construction standard to demolition operations involving material less than 1% asbestos
- Construction industry asbestos standard definition of "regulated area" and requirements for demolition projects
- Application of the asbestos standard to demolition of buildings with ACM in place
- Asbestos and the Hazard Communication Standard
- HAZWOPER and Asbestos standards uncontrolled hazardous substance release involving the presence of asbestos
Asbestos in Construction Standard
- Demolition or salvage of structures where asbestos is present
- Removal or encapsulation of materials containing asbestos
- Transportation, disposal, storage, containment of asbestos
- Time-weighted average limit (TWA)
- Permissible exposure limits (PELS)
- Exposure Assessment Initial
Asbestos Safety and Health Topics
- What is asbestos?
- What are the hazards of asbestos?
- What can be done to reduce the hazards of asbestos?
- How can OSHA Help?
The Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC)
CPSC Warns About Asbestos in Consumer Products: Safety Alert
- Asbestos paper and millboard
- Asbestos-cement sheet
- Dry-mix asbestos furnace or boiler cement
- Asbestos wood/coal stove door gaskets
- Central hot-air furnace duct connectors containing asbestos
- Air Sampling
- Exposure Levels
- Advice To Consumers
Asbestos In The Home
- What Is Asbestos?
- How Can Asbestos Affect My Health?
- Where Can I Find Asbestos And When Can It Be A Problem?