NDA’s Excellence in Demolition Awards are the industry’s prestigious recognition program which honors NDA members who have demonstrated significant achievement in the completion of a unique demolition project in the 2020/2021 year. All projects should address at least one (1) of the following are as: Sustainability, Community Enhancement, Environmental Enterprise, Education, Pollution Prevention and Resource Conservation, Special Project Consideration.
There are three categories for submitting your project and three finalists are selected from each category. The categories are:
2) $500,001 - $2 Million
3) Category 3: Over $2 Million.
All applicants will have their poster displayed at the NDA Annual Convention, in San Diego, CA.
The finalists in each cateogry will also receive published recognition in industry publications, a featured video that will be shown during the NDA Awards Banquet and hosted on NDA’s website for the following year after winning. Winners of the Excellence in Demolition Award will have their projects featured in an article in Demolition magazine will get to go home with the coveted trophy, and of course associated bragging rights.
All finalists and winners are selected by the NDA Awards Committee based on this developed scoring criteria.
How to Apply
1) View the application questions and get ready to apply. Please note, no paper applications will be accepted - you must apply via the online form link below. You can go back to your application to edit at any time prior to the deadline.
2) Dowload the poster template and make your poster to be displayed at Demolition San Diego
3) Upload high resolution photos and videos of your project to a file share link (ex. Dropbox, Google Drive, etc).
4) Complete the application form.
If you have questions about the application process, please contact us at 202-367-1152 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
2021 Finalists and Winners
Category 1: $0 - $500,000
- Winner: Thornton Tomasetti - One James River Plaza Demolition
Category 2: $500,001 - $2 Million
- Winner: Veit & Company, Inc. - Allis Yards
Category 3: Over $2 Million
- Winner: O’Rourke Wrecking - US Playing Card World Headquarters Demolition & Remediation