Live DEMO Challenge
At this year's Live DEMOlition Event™, superintendents and operators will have the chance to compete in the brand new Live DEMO Challenge! The winning team will win bragging rights and an all-inclusive paid trip to a luxury resort and spa, sponsored by:
Grab your best personnel, form a dynamic team of two, and represent your company in this three-part challenge. Compete for company pride and recognition within the NDA community. Learn more about the competition below and signup when you arrive at Demolition San Antonio.
The Live DEMO Challenge will take place Thursday, March 7 from 10:00 AM - 3:00 PM.
*Signup will occur at the Live DEMOlition Event™ on a first-come, first served basis, and competitors must represent an active NDA member company. Team members must also register for the Annual Convention and Expo to be eligible.
First-place winners will receive an all-inclusive paid trip at a championship golf resort in Virginia - Kingsmill Resort & Spa. You and three guests will stay in a two-bedroom, course-side condominium and enjoy Kingsmill's unparalleled Southern hospitality and fastidious service in a breathtaking setting.
Display your knowledge and skillset across three main components of the competition, including a Safety Knowledge Quiz, Equipment Inspection, and Operator's Skills Course. Get a sneak peek at each component of the new competition so you and your team can prepare.
- Safety Knowledge Quiz: One member of the team, typically the Supervisor, will take a timed, multiple-choice quiz. Those who receive a passing score will move on to the next stage, the equipment inspection.
- Equipment Inspection: Taken by one member of the team, typically the Operator, the inspection consists of items recommended for inspection and maintenance on the manufacturer's 8 hour and 50 hour Recommended Maintenance list and other fundamental equipment inspection checklists. Those who make it through this section will move on to the skills course.
- Operators' Skills Course: The course consists of multiple stages, intended to display different skills and efficiencies in demolition equipment operators. Teams will be issued a two-way radio with an open mic for operator-spotter communication. Stages will require exchange of attachments and obstacles required to complete before moving to the next stage.
*Challenge components are subject to change*
Prepare you and your teams for the equipment challenge by learning what we’ll have onsite for you to test and operate. Here’s what our supporters are bringing to the Challenge.
- R930 Excavator - 68,000#
- R934 Excavator - 78,000#
- CC3100U concrete processor
- HB2500 Hydraulic Breaker (5,500#)
- MG2700 Multi Grapple
- FS25R Shear (or FS35R) Shear w/ OQ80
- OQ80 Couplers for Excavators
- OQ80 coupler bracket for Epiroc Attachments
Live DEMO Challenge Supporters
NDA is committed to providing a safe experience for all attendees at the Live DEMO Challenge and Live DEMOlition Event™. PPE must be worn at all times during the event. For more information about safety requirements, including a safety video and our waiver, visit the Live DEMOlition Event™ webpage.
If you're interested in volunteering to judge the Live DEMO Challenge, contact Adam Robles at firstname.lastname@example.org.