Families First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA) Update
COVID-19, Government Affairs
On: March 30, 2020 | By:
Here are important updates for you to review:
Employer Questions and Answers
Other DOL Guidance
- These leaves are not available to employees with reduced hours, furloughed employees, or employees’ whose workplaces are closed.
- These leaves are not available to employees whose workplaces are closed due to a federal, state, or local shelter-in-place or stay-at-home orders, or due to business slowdowns.
- These leaves (and payroll tax credit) are not retroactive. Employees are not entitled to pay under these leaves if they were absent or out of work (for any reasons) prior to April 1.
- Both emergency paid sick leave (EPSL) and emergency Family and Medical Leave (EFMLA) can be taken on an intermittent basis in certain situations.
- Employees may not be required to use other forms of paid leave prior to or concurrently with EPSL or EFMLA.
- Employers should keep documentation to show that employees who received leave were actually in need of leave. We await IRS guidance on this.
Back to Demolition Insights Home